Partners with over 55 years experience, we are major reprinters of academic journals and specialize in the supply of reprints, antiquarian backsets, back volumes and back issues of out-of-print journals and serials.
Our carefully selected stock of reprints and antiquarian backsets is the largest in the world. Housed in the USA and Germany, we hold printed backstock of journals in the major western languages, some 3.000.000 back volumes covering all subject areas. In many cases, we can supply from the very first volume up to and including 2016.
Many important publishers rely on us to guarantee their back volumes and back issues remain available. You can view a selective list here.
Our clients rely on our expertise to complete gaps in their print collections, increase their holdings or replace ageing, worn or brittle originals with high quality reprints. These clients include:
- Serials and acquisitions librarians responsible for collection management at universities, research institutes and other major libraries.
- Professors, researchers and scholars.
- International companies, legal firms and government agencies.
- Individual collectors.
- Library suppliers and subscription agents.
We are always interested in purchasing back volumes, sets, collections or even entire libraries, in all subject areas.
Please e-mail, fax, or post us your list of duplicates and unwanted titles. We will respond promptly.
We believe we offer the most comprehensive back volume service in the world, fulfilling our clients' orders from:
- Our reprint division
- This includes PSC, Schmidt, Swets, Johnson and Kraus Reprint and has many important and long out-of-print publications. Our high quality reprints on acid-free paper are frequently considered more suitable for general use than original editions.
- Publishers' original backstock
- We have signed backset stock management and/or reprint agreements with many major publishers and hold a large part of their original back volumes. To view a selective list of these publishers and the stock we hold for them, click here.
- Our antiquarian backsets
- These range from very rare periodicals to more recently published journals.
- Our worldwide search service
- In cases where we receive an enquiry for back volumes and back issues that we do not hold in stock, we will check all possible sources, on request, from our bases in the USA and Germany.
Although we focus on journals, we have a good selection of valuable, rare monographs, multi-volume works and reference works available from both antiquarian and reprint stock.
You can view the full list here.