Maney Publishing holds journals from the current and previous year. We hold all older back volumes and can supply high quality reprints for most volumes that were previously out-of-print.
Click on the title for a quotation for part sets, single back volumes, back issues or volumes not listed here.
Structural, functional and bioceramics
Vols. 97-111. Leeds, 1998-2012. $ 4400
- Formerly published as BRITISH CERAMIC SOCIETY. TRANSACTIONS
- ADVANCES IN APPLIED CERAMICS covers all aspects of ceramic science and technology, including industrial production.
The Journal of the Society for the History of Alchemy and Chemistry
Vols. 1-59. Leeds, 1937/38-2012. With GI 1/50. Mostly reprint. $ 6400
- AMBIX is dedicated to facilitate the publication of high-quality research and discussion in all aspects of the history of alchemy and chemistry, including the chemical industry, as well as the history of pharmacy and environmental studies of the chemical industry.
Vols. 17-51. Washington, D.C, 1978-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 3900
- The Journal of the American Institute for Conservation (JAIC) is the primary vehicle of the American Institute for the Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works (AIC) for the publication of peer-reviewed technical studies, research papers, treatment case studies and ethics and standards discussions relating to the broad field of conservation and preservation of historic and cultural works.
formerly the Royal Armouries Yearbook
Vols. 1-9. Leeds, 2004-2012. $ 970
- ARMS AND ARMOUR contains research in the history, development, use, decoration and display of arms and armour throughout history.
An international Journal
Vols. 1-10. Sheffield, 2002/03-2012. Mostly Reprint. $ 1400
- BLACK THEOLOGY provides a forum for the articulation and expression of issues of faith among Black people across the world. Contributions explore the nature of the Black religious experience in relation to African, Caribbean, American, Antipodean or Asian origins and other relevant contexts.
Vols. 143-165. London, 1990-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 2300
The BRITISH ARCHAEOLOGICAL ASSOCIATION (BAA) was founded in 1843 to promote the study of archaeology, art and architecture and the preservation of national antiquities.
Vols. 1-37. Leeds, 1895-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 5500
- Formerly published as BRONTE SOCIETY TRANSACTIONS
- BRONTE STUDIES is the only journal solely dedicated to research on the Brontė family. Published continuously since 1895, it aims to encourage further study and research on all matters relating to the Brontė family, their background and writings, and their place in literary and cultural history.
Vols. 1-4. Leeds, 2009-2012. $ 810
- BUBBLE SCIENCE, ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY publishes high quality innovative research on the generation, properties and applications of bubbles in the life and physical sciences, engineering and medicine.
Centre for Byzantine, Ottoman and Modern Greek Studies, University of Birmingham
Vols. 1-36. Birmingham; Leeds, 1975-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 4000
- BYZANTINE AND MODERN GREEK STUDIES publishes high-quality research and discussion on all aspects of Byzantine and Modern Greek scholarship, historical, literary and socio-anthropological.
Vols. 1-4. Walnut Creek, 2009-2012. $ 590
- CALIFORNIA ARCHAEOLOGY is dedicated to advancing knowledge of California's past and the archaeology of Alta California, Baja California, and adjoining regions of southern Oregon, western Nevada and Arizona.
Vols. 39-51. Montreal; Leeds, 2000-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 2900
- CANADIAN METALLURGICAL QUARTERLY is dDevoted to the science, practice and technology of metallurgy, including mineral processing, extractive metallurgy, alloy development and metal working.
Vols. 1-49. Aberdeen; Leeds, 1964-2012. Partly reprint. $ 4700
The CARTOGRAPHIC JOURNAL contains authoritative articles and international papers on all aspects of cartography, the science and technology of presenting, communicating and analysing spatial relationships by means of maps and other geographical representations of the Earth's surface.
Vols. 1-10. Leeds, 2003-2012. Partly reprint. $ 1300
- CENTRAL €OPE publishes original research articles on the history, languages, literature, political culture, music, arts and society of lands once part of the Habsburg Monarchy and Poland-Lithuania from the Middle Ages to the present.
Vols. 1-5. Oxford, 2008-2012. Partly Reprint.. $ 380
- Childhood in the Past provides a peer-reviewed, interdisciplinary, international forum for the publication of research into all aspects of children and childhood in the past, which transcends conventional intellectual, disciplinary, geographical and chronological boundaries.
The journal of Chinese historians in the United States
Vols. 1-19. Leeds, 1987-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 1200
- The CHINESE HISTORICAL REVIEW povides original research on the history of China, China's historical relations with the world, historical experiences of the overseas Chinese, as well as comparative studies of history.
Vols. 5; 9-15; 17-25; 28-31. Ann Arbor, 1975; 1979/80-1990; 1993/94-2003/04; 2008/09-2012. $ 1600
- Devoted to the research, analysis and interpretation of oral and performing traditions, broadly defined, and their relationship to China's culture and society
Nos. 69-145. Leeds, 2000-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 2.900
- CLAY TECHNOLOGY focuses on clay products such as tiles, pipes and bricks, innovative use of heavy clay products, and people within the industry and icludes features, news from the industry, economic updates and event previews.
Vols. 1-12. Chichester, 2000-2011. Reprint. $ 2500
- COCHLEAR IMPLANTS INTERNATIONAL is aimed at all those involved with cochlear implants: surgery, pre- and post-operative care, research or manufacture of the implants themselves.
Vols. 1-10. London, 2003-2012. $ 2300
- COMPARATIVE AMERICAN STUDIES extends scholarly debates about American Studies beyond the geographical boundaries of the United States, repositioning discussions about American culture explicitly within an international, comparative framework.
Vols. 1-4. London, 2009-2012. Mostly Reprint. $ 400
- COMPARATIVE AND CONTINENTAL PHILOSOPHY publishes leading edge papers by internationally respected scholars in comparative and continental philosophy.
The Journal of Global Political Economy
Vols. 1-16. Lausanne; Leeds, 1995/96-2012. Partly reprint. $ 3200
- COMPETITION AND CHANGE examines the changing nature of business organization in a highly competitive global economy.
Vols. 1-14. Leeds, 1995/96-2012. Partly reprint. $ 2300
- CONSERVATION AND MANAGEMENT OF ARCHAEOLOGICAL SITES is the only journal that covers both theoretical and practical issues in archaeological site conservation.
Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining
Vols. 1-47. Leeds, 1966-2012. Partly reprint. $ 7600
- Formerly published as BRITISH CORROSION JOURNAL
- CORROSION ENGINEERING SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY covers all aspects of the theory and practice of corrosion engineering and of corrosion processes and their control.
Journal of the Costume Society
Vols. 4-46. Leeds, 1970-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 2900
- COSTUME is a scholarly, refereed academic journal presenting current object-based research into historic and contemporary dress.
Vols. 1-30. Chattanoga, 1982/83-2012. Partly Reprint. $ 5400
- CRANIO is the oldest and largest journal in the world devoted to temporomandibular disorders, and now also includes articles on all aspects of sleep medicine.
Journal of Social and Critical Theory
Vols. 1-12. Leiden, 2000-2011. Mostly reprint. $ 1600
- CRITICAL HORIZONS examines social and critical theory from multiple perspectives. Seeks ways of understanding and critiquing contemporary societies.
Vols. 1-14. Chichester And Leeds, 1999-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 2600
- DEAFNESS AND EDUCATION INTERNATIONAL provides a forum for peer-reviewed scholarly papers relevant to the education of deaf infants, children and young people, and reports original research on their linguistic, educational, social and cognitive development.
The Journal of the Deep Foundations Institute
Vols. 1-6. Hawthorne, 2007-2012. Partly Reprint. $ 970
- The DFI JOURNAL publishes practice-oriented, high quality papers related to the broad area of deep foundation engineering and construction.
Costume Society of America
Vols. 5-38. Earleville; Leeds, 1979-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 2800
- DRESS covers all areas of study of dress, with scholarly emphasis on history and preservation.
Journal of Low Countries Studies
London, 1977-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 3700
- DUTCH CROSSING is devoted to all aspects of Low Countries Studies: Dutch language and literature, history and art history of the Low Countries, the social sciences and cultural studies, and Dutch as a foreign language.
Vols. 1-18. Los Angeles, 1994-2012. Partly reprint. $ 1600
Vols. 10/11; 13/14 bound together, $200.00 per unit.
- EARLY MEDIEVAL CHINA is a journal devoted to academic scholarship relating mainly to the period between the end of the Han and beginning of the Tang eras. The focus is on the people, events, and culture of the years 220-589 A.D.
Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining
Vols. 1-4. Leeds, 2006-2009/12. $ 990
No volumes published between in 2010 and 2011.
ENERGY MATERIALS covers thermal and gas turbines, renewable power, fuel cells, biomass,biotechnology and nuclear power generation.
Vols. 1-82. London, 1923/24-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 4600
- The PUBLICATIONS OF THE ENGLISH GOETHE SOCIETY (PEGS) contain the lectures and symposia of this society, founded in 1886 to promote the study of Goethe's work and German literature, as well as articles on Thomas Mann.
Vols. 1-7. Leeds, 2006-2012. Partly Reprint. $ 570
- ENGLISH HERITAGE HISTORICAL REVIEW publishes discoveries made through the documentation, surveying, excavation, scientific examination and historical interpretation of English Heritage properties.
The journal of human palaeoecology
Vols. 1-17. Leeds, 1998-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 1800
- ENVIRONMENTAL ARCHAEOLOGY is the journal of the Association for Environmental Archaeology (AEA) and considers the interaction between humans and their environment in the archaeological and historical past.
Vols. 1-4. Walnut Creek, 2009-2012. $ 580
- Ethnoarchaeology is a cross-cultural peer-reviewed journal, focuses on the present position, impact of, and future prospects of ethnoarchaeological and experimental studies approaches to anthropological research.
Vols. 1-15. London, 1998-2012. Partly reprint. $ 3000
- Formerly published as JOURNAL OF €OPEAN ARCHAEOLOGY
- €OPEAN JOURNAL OF ARCHAEOLOGY seeks to promote open debate among archaeologists committed to a new idea of Europe in which there is more communication across national frontiers.
A Journal of Theory in Medieval and Renaissance Studies
Vols. 1-24. Ashville; Leeds, 1989-2012. $ 2300
- EXEMPLARIA covers both theoretical and experimental approaches to medieval and Renaissance culture.
Vols. 1-15. Leeds, 1998-2012. $ 1900
- FAMILY AND COMMUNITY HISTORY encourages research in topics such as household structure, personal and family life cycles, kinship relationships, migration, local associations, and community networks.
Journal of Ethnological Studies
Vols. 1-50. Leeds, 1963-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 2900
- FOLK LIFE is devoted to the study of traditional ways of life in Great Britain and Ireland.
Vols. 1-17. London, 1996-2012. $ 4200
- Supercedes (with vol. 9) HEMATOLOGY REVIEWS AND COMMUNICATION.
- HEMATOLOGY aims to bridge the interests and practices of both those carrying out laboratory work and those whose main inclination is towards patient care.
Vols. 1-5. Walnut Creek, 2008-2012. $ 720
- Formerly published as Heritage Management.
- Heritage & Society is a global, peer-reviewed journal that provides a forum for scholarly, professional, and community reflection on the cultural, political, and economic impacts of heritage on contemporary society.
Vols. 1-13. Leeds, 2000-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 2300
- HISPANIC RESEARCH JOURNAL promotes research into the cultures of the Iberian Peninsula and Latin America, from the Middle Ages to the present day. The fields covered include literature and literary theory, cultural history and cultural studies, language and linguistics, and film and theatre studies.
Vols. 1-3. Leeds, 2010-2012. $ 320
- HISTORIC ENVIRONMENT brings together dynamic, critical interdisciplinary research in the field of cultural heritage and heritage conservation.
Vols. 1-46. Leeds, 1963/67-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 4300
- HISTORICAL METALLURGY covers metallurgy from prehistoric times to the present.
Vols. 48-60. Suffolk; Leeds, 2000-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 3200
- Formerly published as JOURNAL OF PHOTOGRAPHIC SCIENCE
- IMAGING SCIENCE JOURNAL embraces conventional chemical, electronic, digital and hybrid imaging systems and processes. Main subject areas are digital imaging, applications, visual perception and image quality, fundamental silver halide processing and photographic gelatins.
Association for Industrial Archaeology
Vols. 1-34. Leeds, 1976/77-2012. Partly reprint. $ 5000
- Archaeology studies the material remains of past culture and especially tools, but somehow we don't associate it with World War I aircraft plants, eighteenth-century coal mines, breweries, etc. Yet, these fall under the fascinating specialty called INDUSTRIAL ARCHAEOLOGY. The REVIEW has delivered four or five articles and about a dozen reviews each year that combine careful professional research and subjects of general interest for enthusiasts (Katz).
Vols. 73-85. London, 2000-2012. Partly reprint. $ 2900
- JOURNAL OF THE INSTITUTE OF ENERGY contains information on advances in fuel and energy technologies and features learned refereed papers with a specific emphasis on the latest practical developments.
Vols. 78-90. Leeds, 2000-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 3200
- TRANSACTIONS OF THE INSTITUTE OF METAL FINISHING provides international peer-reviewed coverage of all aspects of surface finishing and surface engineering.
Vols. 15-19. Last publ. Leeds, 1999/2001-2009. Mostly reprint. $ 500
- Superseded by INTERNATIONAL WOOD PRODUCTS JOURNAL
- The JOURNAL of the INSTITUTE OF WOOD SCIENCE publishes peer reviewed contributions on all aspects of wood, its processing and applications.
Vols. 109-121. Leeds, 2000-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 2600
- TRANSACTIONS OF THE INSTITUTION OF MINING AND METALLURGY, Section A covers the scientific, engineering and economic aspects of the preparation, separation, extraction and purification of ores, metals and mineral products by physical and chemical methods, embracing both practical plant operations and the laboratory development of new processes.
Vols. 109-121. Leeds, 2000-2012. Partly reprint. $ 2600
- INSTITUTION OF MINING AND METALLURGY. TRANSACTIONS. Section B covers all aspects of the application of the earth sciences in the discovery, exploration, development and exploitation of all forms of mineral resources - from ore mineralogy through remote sensing, photogeology, geochemical and geophysical techniques to physical exploration methods, especially drilling.
Vols. 109-113; 115-121. Leeds, 2000-2004; 2006-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 2400
- TRANSACTIONS OF THE INSTITUTION OF MINING AND METALLURGY, Section C covers the scientific, engineering and economic aspects of the preparation, separation, extraction and purification of ores, metals and mineral products by physical and chemical methods, embracing both practical plant operations and the laboratory development of new processes.
Vols. 1-37. Leeds, 1976-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 6200
- INTERDISCIPLINARY SCIENCE REVIEWS examines the advances arising from interaction among to various scientific or engineering disciplines and the effect of science and technology on society, including such areas as global warming and public understanding of science.
Vols. 1-6. Leeds, 2007-2012. Reprint. $ 1200
- INTERNATIONAL HEAT TREATMENT AND SURFACE ENGINEERING covers topics ranging from science and engineering, analysis and testing to process development and business related issues, supplemented by industry and event news.
Newcomen Society for the History of Engineering and
Vols. 1-82. London, 1920/21-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 7900
- Formerly published as NEWCOMEN SOCIETY FOR THE STUDY OF THE HISTORY OF ENGINEERING AND TECHNOLOGY. TRANSACTIONS
- The INERNATIONAL JOURNAL FOR THE HISTORY OF ENGINEERING AND TEHCNOLOGY is the flagship publication of the Newcomen Society - the oldest learned society in the world devoted to the history of engineering and technology. Since its foundation in 1920 it has been the leading voice in this subject and its Transactions therefore contain an unparalleled body of original research material contributed over the course of nearly a century by leading engineers and historians.
Vols. 1-25. Leeds, 1988/89-2012. $ 5000
The INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF CAST METALS RESEARCH publishes peer reviewed information on the science and engineering of cast metals, solidification and casting processes.
Vols. 1-58. Leeds, 1955-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 5400
- Formerly published as BRITISH JOURNAL OF DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES, BRITISH JOURNAL OF MENTAL SUBNORMALITY and JOURNAL OF MENTAL SUBNORMALITY
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF DEVELOPMENTAL DISABILITIES publishes scientific articles on work dealing with different approaches to the habilitation problems of people with an intellectual disability.
Vols. 1-5. Leeds, 2007/08-2012. $ 1000
- The JOURNAL OF MANAGEMENT AND MARKETING IN HEALTH CARE is an indispensable resource for all those directly involved in, or concerned with, the organisation, delivery, management and marketing of healthcare services, at a strategic and operational level. It publishes papers describing the strategies, concepts and processes of direct and indirect concern to healthcare managers and marketers.
Vols. 1-18. Leeds, 1995-2012. Partly Reprint. $ 3600
- INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF OCCUPATIONAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH is an authoritative, interdisciplinary resource covering occupational health, environmental health, and consumer health (the aspects of human disease and injury that are determined or influenced by exposure to consumer goods and their components, including pharmaceuticals, food additives, and other purchased products). It publishes original scientific and social scientific research, as well as commentary and analysis in the broad fields of occupational and environmental health.
Vols. 1-8. Lincoln, 2005-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 540
- Formerly published as International Journal of Regional and Local Studies ISSN 0265-7325.
- The INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF REGIONAL AND LOCAL HISTORY aims to publish high-quality academic articles which address the history of regions and localities in the medieval, early-modern and modern eras. Regional and local are defined in broad terms, encouraging their examination in both urban and rural contexts, and as administrative, cultural and geographical entities.
Vols. 45-57. London; Leeds, 2000-2012. Partly reprint. $ 4400
- INTERNATIONAL MATERIALS REVIEWS is published on behalf of the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining and ASM International and covers all aspects of materials science and engineering. Reviews are by experts in the field, include comprehensive yet selective bibliographies, and are designed to be readable by a materials engineer or student not yet a specialist in that area. Thus, this journal would be highly useful to those beginning new areas of research or to beginning graduate students (Katz).
Vols. 22-34. Leeds, 2000-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 1600
- Formerly published as JOURNAL OF ORTHOPAEDIC MEDICINE
- INTERNATIONAL MUSCULOSKELETAL MEDICINE wishes to encourage better treatment by improving the evidence base for best practice. And to promote better understanding of musculoskeletal pain and dysfunction, it publishes papers dealing with its causation and the mechanisms underlying chronicity as well as the mechanisms for obtaining satisfactory relief.
Vols. 1-3. Leeds, 2010-2012. $ 410
- Formerly published as INSTITUTE OF WOOD SCIENCE JOURNAL
- INTERNATIONAL WOOD PRODUCTS JOURNAL publishes peer reviewed contributions on all aspects of wood science, engineering and technology, its processing and applications. The submission of original research papers, reviews and case studies is welcomed on any topic within this scope.
Vols. 1-39. London, 1974-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 8500
- IRONMAKING AND STEELMAKING is published on behalf of the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining. It covers technical advances in the production and use of steel, including plant management.
American Association for Italian Studies
Vols. 1-30 1978/79-2012. Partly reprint. $ 2400
- The interdisciplinary scope of ITALIAN CULTURE reflects the broad and diverse interests of the American Association of Italian Studies' members, offering subscribers scholarly articles in Italian language, linguistics, history, literature, cinema, politics, philosophy, folklore, popular culture, migration, and the influence of Italy on other cultures.
Society for Italian Studies (SIS)
Vols. 1-67. Leeds, 1937/38-2012. Partly reprint. $ 5100
- ITALIAN STUDIES contains articles on Italian studies including literature, language, history, art history and film.
Vols. 1-32. Reading; Leeds, 1981-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 3200
The ITALIANIST has become established as one of the leading international journals of Italian Studies, dealing with all aspects of Italian art, culture, and life from the Middle Ages to the present.
Vols. 1-2. Sheffield, 2011-2012. Mostly Reprint. $ 200
- The JOURNAL FOR THE STUDY OF SPIRITUALITY is a forum where researchers, scholars and others engaged in the study and practices of spirituality can share and debate the research, knowledge, wisdom and insight associated with spirituality and contemporary spirituality studies.
Vols. 1-6. Walnut Creek, 2007-2012. $ 950
- JSSAE provides a forum for discussion and analysis on the unique characteristics of sports and athletics participation in education. The journal takes a multidisciplinary approach in examining the issues that face student athletes and sports programs throughout the United States.
Vols. 1-9. London, 2004-2012. Mostly Reprint. $ 890
- The JOURNAL OF ADULT THEOLOGCAL EDUCATION promotes dialogue among those involved in adult theological education, whether aimed at the laity or ministry. Its perspective is both international and ecumenical.
Vols. 1-34. Leeds, 1947/51-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 4900
- The JOURNAL OF BRYOLOGY exists to promote the scientific study of bryophytes (mosses, peat-mosses, liverworts and hornworts).
Vols. 1-6. Leeds, 2006/07-2012. $ 1200
- The JOURNAL OF CARE SERVICES MANAGEMENT publishes detailed, authoritative briefings, analysis, case studies, research and reviews by leading experts and practitioners in the field, to keep readers up to date with the latest developments and thinking in care services and care home management.
Vols. 1-24. London, 1989-2012. Partly Reprint. $ 11000
- The JOURNAL OF CHEMOTHERAPY publishes original experimental and clinical research articles, reviews, brief communications and letters on all aspects of antimicrobial, anticancer and immunomodulating chemotherapy.
Vols. 10-40. Boulder, 1982-2012. $ 2200
- Formerly published as SOCIETY FOR THE STUDY OF CHINESE RELIGIONS BULLETIN.
- The JOURNAL OF CHINESE RELIGIONS is supported by the SSCR which is dedicated to interdisciplinary research on Chinese religions. The Society promotes the study of all forms of religious practice in China as well as in Chinese communities around the world, and acts as a venue for the global study of Chinese religions.
Vols. 1-5. Leeds, 2008-2012. $ 1000
- JOURNAL OF COMMUNICATION IN HEALTHCARE is the major professional journal publishing peer-reviewed articles on how to improve communication in all aspects of healthcare delivery, health promotion and the healthcare business.
Vols. 1-7. Leiden; Leeds, 2005-2012. $ 760
Nothing was published in 2010.
- JOURNAL OF CONFLICT ARCHAEOLOGY covers battlefield and military archaeology.
Vols. 3-11. Leiden, 2004-2012. Partly Reprint. $ 890
- The JOURNAL OF CRITICAL REALISM is the journal of the International Association for Critical Realism (IACR), established in 1997 to foster the discussion, propagation and the development of critical realist approaches to understanding and changing the world. It provides a forum for scholars wishing to promote realist emancipatory philosophy, social theory and science on an interdisciplinary and international basis, and for those who wish to engage with such an approach.
Vols. 1-37. Boston; Leeds, 1974-2012. Partly reprint. $ 3300
- The JOURNAL OF FIELD ARCHAEOLOGY publishes articles that deal with reports of field excavation and survey the world over, as well as studies of methodological and technical matters, scientific advances in archaeology, and larger interpretive studies.
Vols. 1-35. Leeds, 1977/78-2012. Partly reprint. $ 4400
The JOURNAL OF HISTOTECHNOLOGY publishes original articles dealing with vertebrate histology or cytology, histochemistry, immunohistochemistry, marine histology, nuclear histology, veterinary histology, fluorescence and electron microscopy, molecular biology, and case studies describing the use of stains in the analysis of disease in human or animal tissue.
Australasian Universities Language and Literature
Nums. 1-118. Melbourne, Christchurch, 1953-2012. With gen. index 1-18 (in no. 18). Reprint. $ 11000
- Formerly THE AUMLA - JOURNAL.
- Covers literature and literary criticism as well as linguistics, philology, ancient history and philosophy, bibliography and teaching methods.
Vols. 1-20. Leeds, 1993-2012. $ 3200
- JOURNAL OF MANUAL AND MANIPULATE THERAPY aims to improve patient care through clinically relevant articles on manual therapy.
Round Table Reports
Vols. 4-37. Washington D.C., 1979-2012. Partly Reprint. $ 5500
- The Journal of Museum Education is the premier publication promoting and reporting on theory, training, and practice in the museum education field. Focusing on a specific theme of interest to museum educators, informal educators, museum administrators, researchers, and other education and museum practitioners.
Vols. 1-9. Bristol, 2004-2012. $ 1500
- Journal of Organisational Transformation & Social Change is devoted to the big challenges facing social systems in our day and towards the future. Focusing on the development and transformation of organisations and societies, as they interact with their environments.
Vols. 1-39. Oxford, 1974-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 7500
- Formerly published as BRITISH JOURNAL OF ORTHODONTICS
- JOURNAL OF ORTHODONTICS contains original articles, reviews, critical commentaries, editorials and correspondence on features of orthodontic practice, teaching and research.
Vols. 1-21. New York, 1992-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 3400
- Articles in JOURNAL OF SOCIAL DISTRESS AND THE HOMELESS explore social distress and disorganization across a culture (contemporary or historic) in such areas as education, healthcare, criminal justice, economics, social services, and the family, treating subjects such as homelessness, violence, and racial tension.
Vols. 23-35. Jackson Heights, 2000-2012. $ 2100
- The JOURNAL OF SPINAL CORD MEDICINE is published for physicians, researchers and health professionals who work in the spinal cord injury field.
Vols. 1-5. Bristol, 2008-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 830
- Emphasises cultural histories and cultural production as significant forces that have shaped experiences, representations and memories of war.
Vols. 1-12. Oxford, 2001-2012. $ 760
- The JOURNAL OF WETLAND ARCHAEOLOGY is the first journal to be dedicated purely to wetland archaeology. It includes scientific and methodological features, geoprospection, environmental reconstruction, wetland hydrology, cultural aspects of wetland archaeology, as well as conservation, site management, legislation, and site protection.
Nos. 1-36 (all publ.). London, 1910-1985. Reprint. $ 1.050
- Superseded by KEATS SHELLEY REVIEW
- The KEATS SHELLEY MEMORIAL BULLETIN contains articles of new research by Romantic scholars, as well as reports, and reviews of recent books in the field.
Leeds, 1986-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 1300
- Formerly published as KEATS SHELLEY MEMORIAL BULLETIN
- KEATS SHELLEY REVIEW contains articles of new research by Romantic scholars, as well as reports, and reviews of recent books in the field.
The journal of southwestern anthropology and history
Vols. 51-77. Tucson, 1986-2012. Mostly Reprint. $ 4400
- KIVA is a quarterly journal containing articles on southwestern archaeology, anthropology and history. Past issues have been devoted to such topics as: the pottery village of Mata Ortiz, Chihuahua; Anasazi origins; and the Archaic-Formative transition in the Tucson Basin.
Vols. 1-13. Macclesfield, 2000-2012. Partly Reprint. $ 990
- The study of past landscapes - and their continuing presence in today's landscape have practical applications for a society navigating a changing world, able to contribute to understanding landscape and helping shape its future.
Vols. 50-55. Leeds, 2008-2012. $ 630
- Formerly published as HENRY SWEET SOCIETY FOR THE HISTORY OF LINGUISTIC
- LANGUAGE AND HISTORY aims to promote the study of the history of all branches of linguistic thought, theoretical and applied, and including non-European traditions.
Journal of the Council for British Research in the Levant;
journal of the British School of Archaeology in Jerusalem.
Vols. 1-44. Oxford; Leeds, 1969-2012. Partly reprint. $ 4700
- LEVANT is the international journal of the Council for British Research in the Levant (CBRL), a British Academy-sponsored institute with research centres in Amman and Jerusalem, but which also supports research in Syria, Lebanon and Cyprus.
Vols. 1-28. Leeds, 1967/69-2012. Partly reprint. $ 4200
- LIBRARY HISTORY is a little gem for library history buffs, the range of topics covered is quite eclectic. Issued semiannually, each issue runs 50-80 pages. American library science collections should have this journal (Katz).
Vols. 39-79. Milwaukee, 1972-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 3000
- THE LINACRE QUARTERLY is the oldest continuously published bioethics journal in the United States. As the official journal of the Catholic Medical Association, The Linacre Quarterly explores issues at the interface of medicine and religion, focusing on bioethics but also exploring medical topics which have an ethical dimension.
Vols. 18-37. Tulane, 1993-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 3300
- Leading refereed serial publication for the study of ancient stone tools and technology.
A review of Metropolitan Society Past and Present
Vols. 1-37. Leeds, 1975-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 4300
The LONDON JOURNAL covers all aspects of metropolitan society past and present, including comparative studies.
Vols. 9-28. Middlesex, 1991-2012. Mostly Reprint. $ 7200
- MASTERIALS AT HIGH TEMPERATURES contains contributions relating to high temperature applications in the power generation, aerospace, chemical engineering, processing, and furnace industries. The effects of high temperatures and extreme environments on the corrosion and oxidation, fatigue, creep, strength and wear behaviour of metallic alloys, ceramics, intermetallics, and refractory and composite materials are covered.
Vols. 1-16. Heidelberg, 1997-2012. Reprint. $ 3600
- MATERIALS RESEARCH INNOVATIONS publishes papers in all core areas of materials research: metals, polymers, ceramics, composites, electronic materials and biomaterials.
An international journal of technological advances in the production and use of steel
Vols. 1-28. Leeds, 1985-2012. Partly reprint. $ 11000
- Formed by the merger of METALS SCIENCE and METALS TECHNOLOGY
- MATERIALS SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY covers properties and processing of metals alloys and nonmetallic materials (e.g. engineering ceramics, cements and concrete, polymers, adhesives, composites and electronic materials).
Vols. 15-27. New York; Leeds, 2000-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 3500
- MATERIALS TECHNOLOGY. Advanced performance materials publishes news, articles, and announcements pertaining to technological advancements and research in the fields of metallurgy, ceramics, polymers, fibers, composites. Also contans market information and updates.
Vols. 1-20. Leeds, 1993-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 6300
Published by the The Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining, MATERIALS WORLD is the leading European publication specifically devoted to the engineering materials cycle, from mining and extraction, through processing and application, to recycling and recovery.
Vols. 9-21. Leeds, 2000-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 1400
- Formerly published as THE WRITE STUFF publishes themed issues containing research and opinion pieces from a wide range of expert authors on topics relevant to the practice of the medical writing profession and informs about guidelines and best practice
Vols. 1-56. London, 1957-2012. Partly reprint. $ 4800
- The title of this publication of the Society for Medieval Archaeology is actually incomplete, because both the society and the journal deal only with British and Irish history "since the Roman period." No terminal date is given, although 1500 is a reasonable guess. The single annual issue of MEDIEVAL ARCHAEOLOGY contains four or five feature articles that sometimes go on for forty pages, discussing such matters as migration patterns and salt mining or reporting on excavations. There are five to ten shorter notes, news pieces, and many book reviews (Katz).
Vols. 13-21. Sheffield, 2004-2012. Reprint. $ 780
- Formerly published as Eckhart Review
- MEDIEVAL MYSTICAL THEOLOGY welcomes the submission of scholarly papers embracing all factors contributing to the understanding of medieval mystical theology. This includes not only the study of individual writers, but also movements, themes, developments, and ideas within the context of mystical theology in the Middle Ages. The journal embraces the influence of Neo-Platonism, Aristotelianism, Patristics, Judaism and Islam on Christian medieval mystical theology, as well as interpretations of the tradition for today. Comparisons between medieval mystical theology and other traditions, such as Buddhism, Hinduism, Taoism and Confucianism, are also within the compass of the journal. As the journal of The Eckhart Society, it especially welcomes scholarly studies of the life, work, and reception of Meister Eckhart.
Vols. 1-56. Leeds, 1977-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 3300
- Formerly published as MEDIEVAL SERMON STUDIES NEWSLETTER
- MEDIEVAL SERMON STUDIES (MSS) is published under the auspices of the International Medieval Sermon Studies Society. It features insightful articles on sermon studies and related areas, reviews, sermon transcriptions, and information about work in progress is also included.
Vols. 1-37. Leeds, 1976-2012. Mostly Reprint. $ 2300
- The MIDCONTINENTAL JOURNAL OF ARCHAEOLOGY is the premier academic archaeology journal of the Midwest Archaeological Conference (MAC). The Conference serves to promotes and stimulate interest in the archaeology of the midwestern United States and neighboring areas; to serve as a bond among those interested in this and related subjects; to advocate for the conservation of archaeological data; and to encourage an appreciation and support of regional archaeological research.
Vols. 1-37. Leeds, 1971-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 2700
- MIDLAND HISTORY covers all aspects of history relating to the Midland region in England.
Nums. 1-66. Minneapolis; Leeds, 1975-2012. Partly reprint. $ 2200
- MING STUDIES contains articles, reviews, and news notes on Chinese history from the Ming period (1368-1644).
Vols. 1-5. Walnut Creek, 2008-2012. Partly Reprint. $ 720
- MUSEUM HISTORY JOURNAL includes a broad range of museum types, including natural history, anthropology, archaeology, fine art, history, medical, and science and technology, and also related cultural institutions, such as aquaria, zoos, botanical gardens, arboreta, historical societies and sites, architectural sites, archives, and planetariums.
Vols. 1-7. Walnut Creek, 2006-2012. Partly Reprint. $ 1000
- MUSEUMS AND SOCIAL ISSUES is a theme-based journal, addressing topics such as race, immigration, incarceration, connection with nature and practical pieces that discuss museums in relation to a range of contemporary issues.
A Journal of Onomastics
Vols. 1-60. Leeds, 1953-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 4600
NAMES, the journal of the American Name Society, is one of the world's leading journals in the study of onomastics.
an international series for Andean archaeology
Vols. 13-32. Carson, 1975-2012. Partly Reprint. $ 1500
- NAWPA PACHA is the official journal of the Institute of Andean Studies whose aim is "to organize, sponsor, and assist field, museum and library research and study in archaeology, history, linguistics, ethnology and biology of the native peoples of Colombia, and of that area of South America which was formerly the Inca Empire".
A journal of progress in neurosurgery, neurology and neurosciences
Vols. 1-34. Leeds, 1979/80-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 13000
- N€OLOGICAL RESEARCH covers basic and clinical research in neurosurgery, neuro-oncology, neuroradiology, neuropathology and other aspects of neurological research.
Vols. 1-18. Edinburgh, 1995-2012. Mostly Reprint. $ 1900
- Formerly published as Human Reproduction and Genetic Ethics.
- Formerly published as European Journal of Genetics in Society.
- HUMAN REPRODUCTION AND GENETIC ETHICS fills the need for a publication that anticipates research trends while also informing an international public of the important issues and developments in these fields of bioethics.
Vols. 1-2 2011-2012. $ 230
- Formerly published as WATSONIA.
- The NEW JOURNAL OF BOTANY aims to become the chief forum for communicating the results of botanical studies relating to the vascular plants and charophytes of northern and western Europe.
A review of the history of the north of England and the borders
Vols. 1-49. Leeds, 1966-2012. Partly reprint. $ 3200
- NORTHERN HISTORY aims to stimulate and encourage serious research, professional and amateur alike, on the history of all parts of the North, including the Scottish Borders, from Roman times to the twentieth century.
An international journal of diet, nutrition and the nervous system
Vols. 1-10. Lausanne, 1998/99-2007. $ 2500
- NUTRITIONAL N€OSCIENCE provides an international, interdisciplinary broad-based forum for reporting both basic and clinical research in the field of nutrition that relates to the central and peripheral nervous system.
Vols. 1-41. Leeds, 1966-2012. Partly reprint. $ 3300
- OXFORD GERMAN STUDIES is published with the Modern Humanities Research Association (MHRA).
Vols. 1-23. Ashhford; Leeds, 1990-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 5200
- Formerly published as INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF RADIOACTIVE MATERIALS.
- PACKAGING, TRANSPORT, STORAGE AND SECURITY OF RADIOACTIVE MATERIAL covers all aspects of the transport of radioactive materials, including regulations, package design, safety analysis, package testing, routine operations and experiences, storage and security, and accidents and emergency planning.
Vols. 1-32. Leeds, 1981-2012. Partly reprint. $ 6000
- Formerly published as ANNALS OF TROPICAL PAEDIATRICS
- ANNALS OF TROPICAL PAEDIATRICS provides a highly respected international forum for medical problems, achievements and research in paediatrics and child health in the tropics and sub-tropics.
World Society of Pain Clinicians
Vols. 1-19. All publ. Leiden, 1987-2007. Mostly reprint. $ 4300
- PAIN CLINIC focuses on the clinical methods used and the problems involved in the diagnosis and treatment of persistent and recurrent types of pain.
Vols. 1-16. All publ. Leeds, 1990-2005. Partly reprint. $ 1700
- PAPILLOMAVIRUS REPORT contains bibliographic information, including abstracts and authors' addresses, for papers on all aspects of papillomavirus infection in humans and animals published worldwide.
Vols. 87-106. Leeds, 1993-2012. Partly reprint. $ 6300
- Formerly published as ANNALS OF TROPICAL MEDICINE AND PARASITOLOGY
- Over the last century the ANNALS OF TROPICAL MEDICINE AND PARASITOLOGY has evolved from a house journal of The Liverpool School of Tropical Medicine to become one of the world's leading serial publications in its field.
Vols. 1-5. Leeds, 2008-2012. $ 1000
- PHARMACEUTICAL PROGRAMMING is the official journal of the Pharmaceutical Users Software Exchange (PhUSE), a non-profit membership society with the objective of educating programmers and their managers working in the pharmaceutical industry.
Vols. 1-17. London, 1996-2012. Partly reprint. $ 4000
- PHYSICAL THERAPY REVIEWS aims to publish contemporary informed reviews and editorials within physical therapy.
Vols. 1-57. Lincoln, 1954-2012. $ 2400
- PLAINS ANTHROPOLOGIST publishes manuscripts with a focus on anthropological theory, method, and practice as it pertains to the Great Plains in all categories (articles, reports, short contributions, and comments) that synthesize, integrate, and interpret anthropological knowledge of the Great Plains peoples and cultures.
Vols. 1-41. Leeds, 1981-2012. Partly reprint. $ 11000
- PLASTICS, RUBBER AND COMPOSITES, published on behalf of the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining, contains research on the macromolecular engineering of polymeric and related materials and polymer matrix composites.
Vols. 4-13. Sheffield, 2002/03-2012. Mostly Reprint. $ 2300
- POLITICAL THEOLOGY investigates and examines religious and political issues. The journal is interdisciplinary, drawing on the disciplines of theology, religious studies, politics, philosophy, ethics, cultural studies, social theory and economics.
Vols. 1-46. London, 1967-2012. $ 4600
- POST-MEDIEVAL ARCHAEOLOGY is devoted to the study of the archaeological evidences of British and Colonial history of the post-medieval period. Aims to provide a focus for the discussion of new developments and research priorities and also forms a definitive record of activity in the field.
Vols. 41-55. Leeds, 1998-2012. Partly reprint. $ 3400
- POWDER METALLURGY is published on behalf of the Institute of Materials, Minerals and Mining and provides international coverage of the science and practice of powder metallurgy and particulate engineering.
Vols. 1-5. London, 2008-2012. Mostly Reprint. $ 860
- The mission of PRACTICAL THEOLOGY has always been to contribute to the development of pastoral studies and practical theology by publishing creative articles which report good practice, and which offer fresh theoretical and practical insights in this area.
Vols. 1-20. Leeds, 1993-2012. Partly reprint. $ 4500
- PROGRESS IN PALLIATIVE CARE locates and reports the scholarly literature on all aspects of the management of the problems of end-stage disease, and issues pertinent to living with chronic or progressive disease.
Vols. 1-11. Leeds, 2000/01-2012. Partly reprint. $ 1800
- PUBLIC ARCHAEOLOGY provides an arena for the growing debate surrounding archaeological and heritage issues as they relate to the wider world of politics, ethics, government, social questions, education, management, economics and philosophy.
Vols. 1-9. All publ. Leeds, 1995-2004. $ 1800
- The REDOX REPORT publishes reviews, research articles, hypotheses, debates and correspondence on the role of free radicals, oxidative stress, activated oxygen, peroxidative and redox processes, primarily in human biology and pathology.
Vols. 1-17. Oxford, 1996-2012. Mostly Reprint. $ 1100
- Previously a publication of the Tyndale Society.
- REFORMATION published articles on any aspect of the Reformation, broadly considered. Topics include, but are not limited to, theology, church history or religious matters - Protestant, Catholic or radical; English and Continental literature; social, political and intellectual history; art history and architecture; music; the Bible, biblical scholarship and translation; scholarship, and education more generally.
Vols. 1-14. Sheffield, 1999-2012. Mostly Reprint. $ 1900
- REFOMATION AND RENAISSANCE REVIEW provides an international platform for scholars, established and emerging, to publish research articles on any aspect of religious thought and life, theology and culture, from the fifteenth to seventeenth centuries. This embraces Christian Humanist, Roman Catholic, Protestant as well as various other alternative approaches to reform, change and continuity in church and society.
Vols. 1-10. All publ. Leeds, 2000-2009. Mostly Reprint. $ 990
- Merged into STUDIES IN CONSERVATION after volume 10 (2009)
- REVIEWS IN CONSERVATION aims to provide comprehensive coverage of literature in key areas of conservation and technical examination.
Leeds, 1982-2012. Partly reprint. $ 3900
- ROMANCE STUDIES deals with all aspects of the Romance literatures. Each issue is devoted to a specific theme likely to be of interest to the Romance disciplines.
Sheffield, 2004-2011. Mostly Reprint. $ 1100
- The principal aims of RURAL THEOLOGY are to promote theological reflection on matters of rural concern, to enhance the ministry and mission of rural churches, and to bring rural issues to the forefront of church and government agenda.
- Continues: Better Country
Vols. 1-9. Leeds, 1996-2004. Partly reprint. $ 2400
- Online only after volume 9 (2004).
- SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY OF WELDING AND JOINING examines the science and technology of welding and joining processes for all materials.
Vols. 1-34. Glasgow, 1979-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 2900
- Formerly published as SOCIETY FOR SEVENTEENTH CENTURY FRENCH
- SEVENTEENTH CENTURY FRENCH STUDIES publishes articles in English and French on a broad range of literary, cultural, historical and theoretical topics relating to early modern France.
Vols. 1-18. New Series. Leeds, 1994-2012. Partly reprint. $ 1900
- Formerly published as SCOTTISH SLAVONIC REVIEW
- SLAVONICA covers the languages, literatures, history, cultures and the arts of East Europe and Russia. Explores historical and cultural links between Eastern Europe and Britain.
Vols. 2-15. London, 1997-2012. Mostly Reprint. $ 2800
- Formerly published as ASIA PACIFIC JOURNAL OF SPEECH LANGUAGE AND HEARING.
- SPEECH, LANGUAGE AND HEARING publishes articles from clinicians and researchers who work with any aspect of normal or disordered speech, language, or hearing. The journal is multidisciplinary in nature with manuscripts accepted from all professional and scientific disciplines but particularly those in the areas of linguistics, psychology, education, audiology, speech-language pathology, and medicine.
Vols. 1-28. Leeds, 1985-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 9900
- SURFACE ENGINEERING covers developments in processes and techniques of surface engineering and their industrial applications.
Vols. 1-44. Leeds, 1931/32-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 8400
- Until 1963 published as EMPIRE SURVEY REVIEW.
- SURVEY REVIEW brings together a wide range of papers on research, theory, practice and management in land and engineering surveying.
T'ang Studies Society
Vols. 1-30. Leeds, 1982-2012. Partly reprint. $ 1900
- T'ANG STUDIES surveys scholarly articles relating to China's T'ang Dynasty (618-907).
Journal of the Sonia and Marco Nadler Institute of
Vols. 1-39. Tel Aviv, 1974-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 4200
- TEL AVIV is a peer-reviewed international journal that publishes articles on current archaeological investigations in the southern Levant and critical studies related to the history and culture of Near Eastern civilisations. While the Journal features articles dealing with the classical and prehistoric periods, its primary focus is on the biblical and protohistoric periods.
The Journal for the History of Discoveries
Vols. 1-44. Leeds, 1969-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 2600
- The aim of TERRAE INCOGNITAE is to examine the history and impact of geographic exploration and cross-cultural interaction around the globe prior to the modern era.
Vols. 1-43. Leeds, 1968/70-2012. Partly reprint. $ 4400
- TEXTILE HISTORY was launched in 1968 by the Pasold Research Fund to foster research and publication about the history of textiles; their technical development, design, conservation; the history of dress; and other uses of textiles. It is a substantial publication. While more than half of the five or so articles are about English textile history, other countries are covered as well. Because this is a scholarly journal it is well suited for academic or museum libraries (Katz).
London, 1994-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 3100
- THEOLOGY AND SEXUALITY provides a forum for publication of new theological work on issues of sexuality and gender.
Materials, surfaces and interfaces
Vols. 1-6. Leeds, 2007-2012. $ 1400
Tribology, by its very nature, has always been dominated by how surfaces react to load, relative motion and chemical/physical reactions. With the increased sophistication of surface analytical tools and their increasing application in tribology, a very good understanding of the nature of tribochemical, tribophysical and tribocorrosion reactions is emerging. TRIBOLOGY will be at the forefront of this growing area and aims to meet the needs of both academia and industry.
Vols. 20-37. Columbus; Leeds, 1994/95-2012. Partly reprint. $ 1300
- Formerly published as REPUBLICAN CHINA.
- TWENTIETH-CENTURY CHINA includes topics concerning both the last decade or so of the Qing dynasty and the post-1949 period.
Vols. 1-3. All publ. Leeds, 2010-2012. $ 300
- USUS ANTIQUIOR is committed to the study and promotion of the historical, philosophical, theological and pastoral aspects of the Roman rite as developed in tradition.
Vols. 1-43. Leeds, 1970-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 2900
- VERNACULAR ARCHITECTURE is the annual journal of the Vernacular Architecture Group, which was founded in 1952 to further the study of traditional buildings.
Vols. 1-31. Leeds, 1983-2012. Mostly reprint. $ 3300
- WAR AND SOCIETY publishes scholarly articles on the causes, experience and impact of war in all periods of history. While articles dealing with the technical and operational aspects of warfare are considered for publication, the journal's main emphasis is on the broader relationships between warfare and society.
Journal and Proceedings of the Botanical Society of the
Vols. 1-28. All publ. Leeds, 1949/50-2010. Mostly reprint. $ 4200
- Superseded by NEW JOURNAL OF BOTANY
Vols. 72-84. Leeds, 2000-2012. Partly reprint. $ 1400
- The YORKSHIRE ARCHAEOLOGICAL JOURNAL, first published in 1869, publishes articles on subjects relating to the archaeology and history of the historic county of Yorkshire, England, covering all periods.
If you cannot find the title you are looking for in this list, please let us know.
If you are looking for a subscription to the current year of a journal from Maney Publishing, please click here.
For personal attention from Customer Service at Maney Publishing, please use this e-mail: