Click on the title to send us an inquiry by e-mail
Theory, culture, ideology
Nos. 1-125. Durham, 1979-2015. Mostly reprint. $ 4000
- Nos. 1-31. 1979-1992. Per number $ 40
- No. 32. 2014. Per number $ 50
- Nos. 33-93. 1992-2007. Per number $ 40
- Nos. 94-125. 2008-2015. Per number $ 50
- Cultural and political analysis is the focus of SOCIAL TEXT. The journal is sponsored by the Center for the Critical Analysis of Contemporary Culture at Rutgers University. The editors "are committed to preserving and renovating the broad left tradition of cultural and political commentary." Contributors are largely U.S. scholars, critics, artists, and writers, although works of international writers are also included. Articles deal with topics ranging from factory outlet malls to recovered memory, and from neocolonialsm and human rights to the privatization of culture. Special issues on one theme are common and have covered such subjects as academic labor, the politics of sport, and immigration and political theory. Social Text offers engaging articles on current cultural phenomena, and a unique perspective on political and social issues (Katz).
Title available from
Periodicals Service Company
351 Fairview Avenue, Suite 300
Hudson, NY 12534
Published by Duke University Press
Duke University Press holds journals from the current and previous year. We hold all older back volumes and can supply high quality reprints for most volumes that were previously out-of-print.