Click on the title to send us an inquiry by e-mail
STUDIES IN THE HISTORY OF GARDENS AND DESIGNED LANDSCAPES
Vols. 1-34. London, 1981-2014. Mostly reprint. Mostly bound. $ 8400
- Vols. 1-7. 1981-1987. Per volume $ 220
- Vols. 8-27. 1988-2007. Per volume $ 280
- Vols. 28-34. 2008-2014. Per volume $ 320
- Formerly published as JOURNAL OF GARDEN HISTORY
- Gardens around the world, ancient and modern, are the focus of the scholarly STUDIES IN THE HISTORY OF GARDENS AND DESIGNED LANDSCAPES, which attempts to clarify and value the idea of the garden as part of culture. Readers have access to a wide range of articles. Topics have included the Boboli Gardens' fountains in sixteenth-century Florence, ancient Roman garden rooms, and the garden designs for Battery Park City in New York and the U.S. Embassy in Berlin. Issues occasionally expand on a single theme such as Chinese gardens or relating the immediate garden to the larger landscape. Each lengthy article is well researched, fully documented, and illustrated with pertinent diagrams, drawings, and photographs wherever possible. For those interested in additional historical treatment of many aspects of gardening, several books on the topic are thoroughly reviewed each issue (Katz).
Title available from
Periodicals Service Company
351 Fairview Avenue, Suite 300
Hudson, NY 12534
Published by T & F Informa (Taylor & Francis Group)
Taylor & Francis retains the current and previous two years. We manage and market older volumes. All original stock is now in our warehouse. In addition, we can also supply high quality reprints for most volumes that were previously out-of-print.